PORCH-Durham Kickoff Party
Barrel Culture will be hosting a different charity every month and beginning the month with a kickoff party!
This month we are happy to present: PORCH- Durham.
PORCH-Durham is dedicated to providing food access to children and families in need. Through monthly neighborhood-based food drives, individual & corporate donations, and grant funds, PORCH-Durham serves over 1,000 Durham residents each week. We provide food to 7 elementary schools through Back Pack Buddies, 8 middle & high school pantries, and numerous community pantries including Durham Tech, MacDougald Terrace, Durham Literacy Center, and The Whitted School.
Join us from 6 PM-8PM for a Back-to-School food drive in our Barrel Culture Brewing & Blending taproom.
UpZcale Chef will be out here serving up delicious food to pair with our beer and lots of fun back-to-school activities! Pop quiz, anyone? (Your beer knowledge could win you a gift card!) Or challenge your friends to a quick game of Four Square on our patio! And be sure to say hi, to Raleigh, who will be here for Meet the Mascot!
To maximize on your good deed, we will be hosting a raffle, where you can win 2 Barrel Culture Invitational Tickets! For every 5 items you donate, you will receive 1 raffle ticket. The raffle will be held at 8 PM, you must be present to win.
PORCH- Durham will be receiving 15% of profits EVERY Thursday in September from Barrel Culture, so come out and have a beer for a good cause.
Items Most Needed:
- Pasta dishes (Easy Mac, Ramen noodles, canned ravioli, etc.)
- Individual serving sizes and foods with pop-top lids
- Meat/Beans (tuna fish, stews, canned chicken, etc.)
- Canned vegetables and canned fruits (no soft-tops please)
- Breakfast (instant oatmeal packets, single serving cereal boxes)
- Snacks (individual boxed raisins, granola bars, cereal bars, etc.)
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Perishable items
- Glass bottles/containers
- Family size cans/meals
- Bags of rice or beans
- Vienna Sausages
- Potato chips
- Soft top foods (e.g. applesauce, fruit cups, jello, etc)